Thursday, February 24, 2011

Second Session

Kai's second session was yesterday and it went really well!
My sister offered to watch Rylee (THANK YOU!) so Kai was able to have one on one time with me and the therapist.  He did so good!

For now, since we are still in the "getting to know you" stage, a typical session is just kinda sitting on the floor playing.  For a while he passed pieces of paper back and forth between myself and Lisa.  Before we would give it to him we would say "Pa-per... you want the pa-per."...  When you work on words with him, they need to be slow and deliberate.  He had lots of fun showing off his climbing skills, and his falling skills... he has lots of skills (hehe).  He also practiced taking his shoes on and off... and has gotten pretty good at saying "Off" (sounds like af).   He has really really warmed up to Lisa... he sat on her lap at one point, and blew her a kiss when she left... so sweet.

She did notice that his right eye kind of lags when he is tracking something.  I'm not sure exactly what that means, or what we do about it... but for now we are just keeping a eye (no pun intended) on it. 


I've been trying really hard this week so keep a postive outlook on everything... I refuse to wish that he was some other way.  He is my perfect little boy... who is SO happy, all the time.  He is Kai...



---
One thing that I forgot to write....Kai LOVES to mimic talking on the phone... it is soooo cute, but once you put a real phone up to his ear, with a real person on the other end he shuts down.  I mentioned this to Lisa, and she said its because he is feeling self-concious and is becoming aware that he can't communicate.  Poor bubber... :-(

No comments: