Saturday, February 26, 2011

Random Thoughts...

I've been thinking lately about the first child having issues vs. the second child, and what happened in our case.
Rylee was far from delayed.  I am pretty sure that she knew all of her body parts at 12 months.  She didn't say too much early on, but I know that she woke up one morning talking, and hasn't stopped since.  Its hard to keep track, but I believe she is up to 8-10 word sentences.  However, it did take her 30 months to figure out how to use a spoon correctly.  Ha... figure that one out?

Now, what I have been thinking about, it how Kai has made me appreciate what Rylee was able to do so much more.  I feel like this sounds sooo bad.  I just feel like if she was the one that had a early childhood developmental delay, that I would have spent the first 18 months of Kai's life, freaking out over every.single.milestone. 

But, in hindsight - I did that with him anyway.  Mothers intuition?  I was concerned that he didn't roll as quickly.  He didn't laugh until 4 months.  Maybe that was just signs of things to come?  I don't know...


I think the point of this, is that I am thankful for each child and what they bring to the family, even though they are so different. 

No comments: